Skin care may be really time consuming and tedious… Everywhere you look, you can see some magical creams, serums and potions that do “miracles” with your skin. But wait, aren’t we a little old to believe in somebody else’s fairy tail. Truth is hiding in something pretty simple – exfoliation.
By exfoliating regularly, you remove death skin cells thus permitting new bright skin from underneath to appear on the surface. This is also a great way to prepare the skin for your favorite cream or serum. Truth is, if you want to shine bright like a star, exfoliating head to toes is one of the easiest ways to do achieve it.
Exfoliate gently and carefully you face, neck and neckline. Work through your whole body without missing even the smallest areas. Your skin looks dry, cracked and dull? Get your scrub and start working.
What do you really need for one authentic spa experience?
Natural #HashtagBody scrub
Luffa, body brush or exfoliating glove
How to do it like a real pro?
1. Before you go to the bathroom, work very well through your whole DRY body with a brush, luffa or glove. This helps loosen any dead skin and prepares the body for the following steps. Begin from the heels and toes of your feet and with circular motions move up. .
2. Now it’s time to get naughty and wet under the shower.
3. Use pumice for your feet. If they are too rough and dry, soak them in some warm water and bath salts for 30 min before entering the shower.
4. Take handful of your all time favorite #HashtagBody scrub and start massaging your body with circular movements starting from the bottom and going up.
5. For the places that are more difficult to reach, use external help 😉 or brush with long handle.
6. Be careful with the gentle skin of the face, especially around the eyes and the lips. Rub the fragrant scrub softly without too much pressure.
7. Don’t miss your palms. They also need to be exfoliated in order to be soft and gentle.
8. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and after that again with cold water… the colder the better.
9. Pat dry with clean towel. Finally you absolutely must hydrate your skin with some rich body lotion and face cream.
10. Use hydrating lotion at least once every day. Exfoliation drys out the skin and you need to give it additional hydrating boost.
Attention: Do not exfoliate your skin if it is irritated or there are open wounds, scratches or sunburns!